Important message on Swine Flu.
Over the last couple of months, there has been shock and fear in the community about swine flu (H1N1), as it’s spreading widely day by day and over a thousand people have died. I want to share some helpful information to fight this flu and remain healthy.
As there is no drug available to cure flu, the best way is to prevent infection. Allah made our amazing human body and blessed it with even more amazing natural powers of preventing and fighting infection. And it is true, “prevention is better than cure”.
My advice is to keep your natural immunity high, so that even when infected, your body can react effectively. So how can you do it?
1. Eat protein rich food, like legumes (mung, dal, chana).
2. Eat vitamin “C” rich food (lemon, orange) or take T. Lymcee once daily.
3. Take vitamin “E” supplement (T. Evion 400).
4. Wash your hands before meals with antiseptic soap.
5. Avoid going into crowded areas, especially during this epidemic.
6. Cover your nose and mouth with a handkerchief when you sneeze.
7. Have 7 to 8 hours of continuous sleep daily.
8. Stay calm, relaxed and happy.
9. If you have a high fever, cough, sneezing, body aches, loss of appetite or breathing difficulties, contact your nearest health care centre immediately.
I hope this information will be beneficial for our community to remain healthy and fight against flu.
By Dr Mohmedmohsin Rakhda MBBS,
Medical Officer at Bhailal Amin General Hospital, Vadodara.
Contact: +91 9624155259.